Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Remember the joy of Christmas presents

Do you remember what it was like when you were a child at Christmas? For many a year I would rip off the paper to discover my presents, one year my brother pulled out his pocket knife and cut the paper without ripping it, taking his time to gently unwrap the present, prolonging the suspense of the unknown object that awaited his viewing inside; but the time I had opened all my presents my brother had done three and we all had to sit there watching him slowly and carefully open his presents.

That was the year I learnt that there are different ways to unwrap your presents.
Some people believe that when you get older Christmas is not so exciting; well those people forgot to tell my sister, as when she lived near my parents home in her twenties she was up at five am with all the excitement of a child, and was very upset when my brother did not arrive with his wife early enough one year to open the presents.

I like to think we all have a bit of the child still inside of us at any age. Presents are fun, and it is a good time of the year to let the ones you love know just how much they mean to you. I wish you all merry Christmas and a happy new year. God Bless.

Religion blogs




Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment