Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My family is like that of a Dairy of a Wimpy Kid

I opened the door and from the room came a glow. “Oh great” I thought “He is at it again!” inside the room was my eleven year old son with earphones on so that I could not hear the noise coming out of the television as he was busy playing his Xbox 360 game. He had added a sheet to the curtains to make his room darker than normal. I suddenly felt like I was the mother of Greg from the book series Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Dog Days.

Last year I wanted to get my 10 year old son reading, something he appeared not to enjoy too much and after reading a review of the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid I purchase two books in the series for my son’s Christmas presents. He was not so impressed upon opening the present and discovering the books or the fact that I made him take them with us in the car to see his grandparents in the country. Sitting in the car I could fell my son’s anger as he sat behind me, so I decided that I should check out what the books were really like; within two minutes I was laughing and reading bits of the book out loud to my husband as he drove. My son then asked for a look at what I was talking about, so I handed him the book with the page open. Three days later he had read both books.

The book series ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ is quick and easy to read. There are little cartoon pictures to add extra laughs. I would recommend these books to any child (my nine year old daughter enjoys them also). There is only one word to describe reading any of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and that is FUN. Jeff Kinney has written a great series and I personally as well as my children cant wait for the next book in the series




Religion blogs




Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment