Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All Christian Children are Saints

They sit there quietly, they are the perfect children. Oh what it is to have Christian children. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is a myth. Christian children are the same as other children. How do I know? I am a Christian with three children who believe me are far from perfect. My oldest has mild ADHD and the only time he stops talking is when he is asleep; well almost! My daughters look like angels and even can behave like angels, but they are still not saints. To be honest I enjoy the fact that my children are all different, I have long ago learnt that being a Christian and having children does not mean that you will have perfect and saintly children. I have come to accept and believe that God gets great enjoyment out of our children perfect or not. I know that God loves all my children equally, that God has given them all different gifting and talents. I am excited to see where God will take them as they grow up. It is funny to note that Jesus did not say “let all the perfect and saintly children come to me.” He left it open to all sorts of children when he simply said “Let the children come to me.” He did not expect perfect children or reject the children that did not sit still or who talked too much; he accepted them all and still does today, even when they grow up God still values and loves these children, he still has gifts and talents for them to discover. Find why our gifting and talents are still important today.

Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment